XR7G found in San Jose / New to registry

Nice… I have actually held these parts in hand and they are as nice as he says… Perfect for the guy who gets lucky enough to purchase that set in Surrey.

Thanks Don

By the way, I still have an excellent original set of Rader wheel center extensions and G center caps. I might be willing to part with them to complete someone’s set of recall wheels.

Fran

Fran, I sent you a PM about those cones and caps.

For those that are interested here is the marti report.

Click here to see who bought that set:

This has turned into quite the read and what are the odds…

A few of you have emailed me wondering how to contact Scott. He is now a member of this forum and his user name his “fordnutz” so you can pm him direct. He should be here at my place today with the car, here is a few more pics he sent to me last night. Love the key ring!

Don,
Heather and I picked up the lime frost XR7-G in San Jose this afternoon. Heather was snapping away with the camera but did not have time to get some shots of the interior, before the guys started to turn it around to line it up with the trailer (glad I finally installed the winch).
It has no rust anywhere!! It had some body work at some point in it’s life (not surprising the way they drive here in California), as the hood and driver side fender are a slightly different shade of green. It also has a GTE hood scoop instead of the proper G scoop. The exhaust tips are missing, but the cut outs and trim are there. Even the door edge guards are still in good shape! It has an after market 8 track, that can be easily removed, under the glove box. By the way check out the key ring that came with the keys (that is going into my collection).

My story will be told in the fall edition of ATSOTC as it involves an ex CCOA member.

Love the keychain - I’ve never seen that one.

That emblem style is pretty much exclusive to the '68s.

Don, we decided to drive up the coast through the Redwood Forest on US 101. We are staying the night in Crescent City, CA, and will be at your shop in the afternoon on Thursday. You may then drool on the car.

That is such a nice drive up 101…enjoy! The G looks really nice Scott. Sure you don’t want to keep it?

It is a nice drive, would really be nice in a Cougar. I’ve got too many Cougar and Heather does not want to park her car outside.

Scott stopped by our shop yesterday with the car, so I had to take some pics!

GT-E scoop (no fins in the “nostrils”)

Notice how the vinyl top retainer strip is black? We always thought they were just stainless because there’s never any paint left on them.

The exhaust cutouts are there, but the tips look like the original inner tube is still there but the outer chrome tube is gone? Kinda odd.

The fog lights… this one is cracked

Engine - pretty untouched!

Some of the inspection stickers are still there

Don was fascinated by these little zip ties… holding up vacuum lines for the tilt / tilt-away steering wheel.

The G-only 3rd horn:

Interior - note the funky bracket under the glove box for an 8-track player (on the floor below)

The special leather wrap… too bad it was peeled off!

More pics coming in next post…

And, of course, the mythical Rader wheels with their original G center caps:

And in the trunk, there’s a spare! The bad news is…

Also in the trunk, a BFG radial tire that Don believes is an original that came with the car.

And that’s pretty much it! Definitely a cool and unique car. Thanks for bringing it by, Scott! Let us know what else develops with it.

Oh My! that is nice and really in good shape.
Andrew, thanks for posting these pictures so we can see some original stuff.

Wow, thanks so much for all the great pics.

Love the original click pins.

I can’t remember, is this an original paint car? Any chance it got the GT-E hood scoop originally?

Are the openings in the scoop opened up or still blocked off?

Looks like a great car Scott. Will have to check her out in person soon. Any plans to get her running?

The car is at my house now so I’ll answer this question. It’s mostly original paint but the left front fender has definitely been repainted and possibly the hood and right front fender. Anything is possible with the hood scoop and it is an original one but I would guess that it was replaced with whatever was available at the dealer when the repaint was done.

They are still blocked off.