Possible scam

Please be aware I have been private messaged by a member who joined only today.
He replied to my wanted ad and gave me a friends email to contact him as he had the manifolds I have been looking for in excellent condition.
He got me interested but was really not giving me the information or photos I requested.
Because I have been looking for a long time for these I recognised a couple of photos from really old eBay listings.
I stated clearly not cracks or damage and one of the photos he sent had a card in front of it saying small crack by black marker pen.
I asked if I was missing something and asked for more photos of the passenger side.
He has now gone quite.
If anybody has been approached recently with a similar story please let me know.
I gave him my address for shipping quotes and have now changed all my relevant passwords.
Paul

Please message me with the user name. Thanks!

Pm sent Bill
Thanks

member is blocked. If you were hit up by white_man DO NOT SEND MONEY.

1 Like

I got the same message and reported it. I wonder if the scammer thought having the name “white man” would make me feel more comfortable??

This sounds like the same individual who has been hunting this forum for victims intermittently for years. Several people have posted about similar attempts and some have been taken in for several hundred dollars. Glad you clued in before he got you.

https://cccforum.discoursehosting.net/t/scam-call-seems-likely/9577/1

That happened to me too. He said he lived in Oregon Texas. There is no such place. Scammer! Here is his PM.

Hello Mate
Are you still looking?
Contact Alex he has one he might be willing to part with at a fair price.pm him alexraven097@gmail.com

Hi everyone,

I got the same message:

Radio Bezel '67 XR7
Delete Report Quote
Sent: 07 Aug 2022, 09:08
Recipient: Chris2012

Hello Mate
Are you still looking?
Contact Alex he has one he might be willing to part with at a fair price.pm him alexraven097@gmail.com

Be aware!

Regards

Nice work, gentlemen, in spotting and stopping a swindler. Site users are grateful.

1 Like

Well done! Sorry it didn’t lead to what you’re looking for though.

Same here, was messaged by white_man and also gabbymike?? Both were new members. Be vigilant.