Pertronix Success

I can admit now that I’ve been running an Ignitor kit in my stock distributor, wired the wrong way, for 9 years. I thought the car ran pretty good… I was wrong. In the last few weeks it started running pretty crappy, the idle became rough, there was some misfiring, and the exhaust smell indicated a timing problem. I played with the timing and adjusted the idle up but it kept getting worse. In the back of my mind I knew I wasn’t getting 12V to the Pertronix, but it ran fine for years. Thanks to Bill’s very thorough Pertronix article in the “67 XR7 Build” thread https://cccforum.discoursehosting.net/t/howto-add-video-to-your-posts/97/1
I decided it was time to do it right. I don’t know for a fact if my Ignitor was dieing but I suspected it was so I bought a new Pertronix distributor with the Ignitor II internals. With my new 12V wire feeding the new system the motor is running so much smoother than it ever has. I really do appreciate the great information that I find on this forum, sometimes it just takes me a while to use that information.