No Longer Coming Soon

The '71 I was looking for advice on a couple of months ago has arrived:

Very cool !!!

Body looks really solid Chuck. Looks like original paint, too.

Congrats to you on getting your new cat. What are your plans for it? Stock restore?
Steven

Looks pretty solid.

Is the bottle of Pepsi a factory option ?

I’m pretty sure Pepsi bottles were dealer installed. Nice find Chuck.

Nice car, I like the 71’s.

Cant be! Thats a plastic 20oz bottle. Factory correct would be a glass 12oz. Sorry guys… thats a clone. A POORLY DONE clone.

LOL Chuck,

This thread has got to be the most down played title I have seen in a long time. I thought sure it was a report of something that had gone wrong as opposed to the joyous occasion such as the arrival of another Cat!

It would be like me posting that Isabel would not be making her debut at this years AFN and then going on to say in the post that the reason this is true is bacause it already did that last year!

Anyway, congrats man! Looks like a solid car.

by CougarCJ » Today, 00:38
Body looks really solid Chuck. Looks like original paint, too.

by 1967 S Code » Today, 05:53
Congrats to you on getting your new cat. What are your plans for it? Stock restore?
Steven

Thanks Matt.
Overall it is pretty solid CJ. There is the small amount of rust around the driver side rear that doesn’t even go through to the backside all the way. Trunk drop offs are clean as well as frame rails. Still haven’t been able to get underneath it all the way yet, but I ‘think’ the driver side pans are pretty good while the passenger side will probably need replacing. And yes, I am almost positive it is original paint.
My plans Steven? To get the newly bored, rebuilt heads, etc all back together, in her and drive her. The last two cats I had, I disassembled (actually only took one apart–the other came that way) with grandiose plans only to sell them before completion. This time I plan just to do some cosmetics and drive. Not planning any long term take aparts unless absolutely necessary. LOL!!

by quattrothedog » Today, 07:29
Looks pretty solid.Is the bottle of Pepsi a factory option ?

by Al Bundy » Today, 07:53
I’m pretty sure Pepsi bottles were dealer installed. Nice find Chuck.

by SalD » Today, 08:48
Nice car, I like the 71’s.

by 2NDXRND » Today, 10:02
Cant be! Thats a plastic 20oz bottle. Factory correct would be a glass 12oz. Sorry guys… thats a clone. A POORLY DONE clone.

LOL!!! Thanks Quat & Sal. And back in those days if it was a dealer option, for me it would of had to have been Mtn. Dew or RC Cola!!!

by 1969XR7Vert » Today, 12:17
LOL Chuck,This thread has got to be the most down played title I have seen in a long time. I thought sure it was a report of something that had gone wrong as opposed to the joyous occasion such as the arrival of another Cat!
It would be like me posting that Isabel would not be making her debut at this years AFN and then going on to say in the post that the reason this is true is bacause it already did that last year!
Anyway, congrats man! Looks like a solid car.

Thanks Bob. For those like me that keep tabs on others signatures, I have had the '71 on there as coming soon for about 3 months, thus the thread title. LOL!!

The official #'s:
VIN
1F93H540085
Door Plate Data
65F 8 6F 21 6 X
Model Year–1971
Assembly Plant–Dearborn, Michigan (F)
Body Style– XR7, Hardtop
Engine–351-2V Cleveland
Sequential Number–40085
Exterior Color–Light Gold
Interior Trim–Med. Ginger–All Vinyl
District Sales Office Atlanta, GA (21)
Axle–3.00 non-locking
Transmission–FMX Automatic

Ahhhh, beware the “grandacious” plans!!!

Car looks cool, Chuck!

Very nice Cat. American 200S wheels are a big plus (my favorite style).

Thin’ you mean, ahem, “grandeous”.

Nah, he means big plans… :poke:

UHM…

grandeous

Grandis # grandes # Grandiosa

grande’s # Grandas # grandees

Grandeur # grandee’s # Grenades

Just sayin… LOL!!! :poke:

Oooooh, DD is gonna send you a bill for that, Chuck!

"Only verbalizin’ "…

LMAO

Ummmm…

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=GRANDACIOUS

LMAO, nice, Q…

What is the difference between grandiose and grandeous? - Answers It was a tongue in cheek reference to someone’s “alter-ego” posting who (mis)spelled the word that way. Guess it was lost on most.

In any case, good luck with the new addition Chuck!