1968 XR7 project in Poland

Yes, it is also quite expensive here.

Piotr, wow, great job so far. You are really ripping along on this and yes we love to see the photos!
Your seats look like they are in pretty good shape. What are your plans for all the trim, chrome, etc.?

Brian

Hi Piotr -

There are lots of us following your story! Let me add my belated welcome. How about a picture with you and your crew in it? Or are you doing all the work by yourself?

I should say Lime Green w/black vinyl looks really nice when it’s fresh. There were a lot of cars built with that combination, and there are hardly any new green cars being built today.

Have fun!

So, I see that there is some interest and I will try to keep this project up to date.
To be honest I do not work a lot with the car myself. I`m decision maker :slight_smile:. We own a garage and we are restoring cars (me and my father). We have at this moment 2 guys working there full time. They are doing most of the work.
As for the picture with me and my team - I will wait until we finish - then I will post such picture with a completed car.

Lime green with black vinyl top is at this stage out of the question, as we already have welded holes after removing vinyl top :slight_smile: So, it will be one color - at this moment it is Augusta green on my mind.

Some more pictures:
Welded holes after removing vinyl top:

New floor panel in place:

Some more reinforcements:

Some parts came back from sanding and painting:

Seats are not in good shape - it looks like that, but when you touch it it turns into dust. We will redo whole interior. Chromes and trims - some of them we will rechrome and some of them only need polishing.

Wow! You are going all the way. I am glad the car ended up in the right hands, I am also glad it is as solid of a car as I told you I thought it was under all that grime and primer. You put a lot of trust in me considering you got very few pictures and no video. It looks like the grilles may have warped when you got them powder coated? You will not hurt the value by changing colors, 1 in 4 were green in the day and there are lots of good colors to choose from, Calypso Coral would be one of my top pics. Keep up the good work!

https://cccforum.discoursehosting.net/t/the-february-2016-ride-of-the-month-is-al-juracos-68-calypso-coral-gt-e/5791/1

Thanks Don. Car is really nice. I put trust in you and it paid off :wink:. Grilles are not warped - it only looks like that on the picture. What do you mean that 1 in 4 were green? You mean all green colors or any particular? Is augusta green very popular?

We recently made trunk divider panel to upgrade chasis a little bit to be less flexible. It is not finished yet, but you can see it on pictures.

I have question to you about these brazings. Is this original from factory?

There were some spots where the factory used brass but not in those places.

It is very common for the hood hinge mounting nuts to break loose. That is what happened here on your car.

Randy Goodling
CCOA #95

I realised just today that my car is missing 6.5 litre emblems on front fenders. There are holes in fenders, but no emblems :frowning:. I found out also that these emblems are crazy expensive. Is there anyone who could measure such emblem for me? I would like to reproduce it here locally, but to do that I need some dimensions.

PS: more photos from the project coming soon.

I have a pair I could get measurements if no one else has them.

Lime green with black vinyl top is at this stage out of the question, as we already have welded holes after removing vinyl top > :slight_smile: > So, it will be one color - at this moment it is Augusta green on my mind.

Even though I posted earlier that Lime/Black is a nice combination, Augusta (Highland) Green is the best green EVER! (Half kidding - prejudice showing)

cougarrand - nobody else showed interest in measuring emblem, so I kindly ask you to do it for me - if it is not a big problem. I would like to have 3-4 pictures - each exactly parallel to different face (surface) of emblem. Then please put 2 dimensions on each picture - one horizontal and one vertical - doesn`t matter really which dimension - it may be for example outside dimensions. Rest of them I will get out of proportion.

Some more pictures from work in progress. Just before Christmas we preliminary prepared car to be painted. We also protected it with epoxy primer just to not get any rust during holidays :slight_smile:. Now we are making some corrections before it will get proper paint job.

Looks like you’re making quick work of your project.

Hopfully this will work.

I will try this.
IMG_1121.jpg.zip (2.3 MB)
IMG_1120.jpg.zip (2.23 MB)
IMG_1119.jpg.zip (2.36 MB)
IMG_1118.jpg.zip (2.24 MB)
IMG_1117.jpg.zip (2.43 MB)
IMG_1116.jpg.zip (2.33 MB)

Thank you very much. I hoped to get “exactly parallel” (to the surface of emblem) pictures as then I could put them into graphic program and get all dimensions, but anyway I will try to make it based on you pictures. Good job - thanks again.

There are some pics of the '68 6.5L emblem here with some measurements for the fender placement.

Here is a straight-on shot of the front.

The back side of the emblem is curved to match the fender.