1968 XR7 project in Poland

cougarrand - nobody else showed interest in measuring emblem, so I kindly ask you to do it for me - if it is not a big problem. I would like to have 3-4 pictures - each exactly parallel to different face (surface) of emblem. Then please put 2 dimensions on each picture - one horizontal and one vertical - doesn`t matter really which dimension - it may be for example outside dimensions. Rest of them I will get out of proportion.

Some more pictures from work in progress. Just before Christmas we preliminary prepared car to be painted. We also protected it with epoxy primer just to not get any rust during holidays :slight_smile:. Now we are making some corrections before it will get proper paint job.

Looks like you’re making quick work of your project.

Hopfully this will work.

I will try this.
IMG_1121.jpg.zip (2.3 MB)
IMG_1120.jpg.zip (2.23 MB)
IMG_1119.jpg.zip (2.36 MB)
IMG_1118.jpg.zip (2.24 MB)
IMG_1117.jpg.zip (2.43 MB)
IMG_1116.jpg.zip (2.33 MB)

Thank you very much. I hoped to get “exactly parallel” (to the surface of emblem) pictures as then I could put them into graphic program and get all dimensions, but anyway I will try to make it based on you pictures. Good job - thanks again.

There are some pics of the '68 6.5L emblem here with some measurements for the fender placement.

Here is a straight-on shot of the front.

The back side of the emblem is curved to match the fender.

thanks, I`ll use that.

Oh, I forgot. I have two more questions. Can you measure depth of the numbers? Is this one piece - numbers and back plate or are they glued in or something?

It’s a complicated piece, lots of angles. I took some more pics with measurements for you, PM me your email address and I’ll send them.