XR7-G's for sale September 14, 2019

The Marti reports also states code 2 to be 2.79 Standard ratio. My understanding is a small block car with out A/C would get that ratio if no other was optioned.

Yes a 3.00 axle would have been standard.

Correct.

Almost. There was one 302-2V XR7-G with a 3 speed manual transmission built that would have been cheaper.

^^^ I find this stuff fascinating -

And how ironic that the 3 speed manual is MUCH more desirable (re valuable) now.

• Phillip

If you think about it, stripping a G of a few options was a way to keep the sticker price down so the dealer could reduce the possibility of it hanging out in the show room too long. Delete AC and PDB and you trim approx $400 off sticker. That’s approximately $3,900 on a modern car.

Sold for a very reasonable $19,000. Congratulations to both buyer and seller! Whoever bought the car please contact the G Registry so that we can update ownership information.

Project car in Washington price reduced to $9,500.

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/pts/d/washougal-1968-mercury-cougar-xr7/6976630620.html

Does this come with the driveline or is it body only?

According to the documents posted in the ad, he has a replacement 390 and transmission.

Royce, John’s red X code G that was for sale in Western Canada has now found a new owner.

I heard that a week or so ago. Wish they would register the car.

The Hemisfair G has found a new owner. Congratulations to all, wish it was me!

Good stuff.