Vote for the May 2016 Ride of the Month!

Vote for the May 2016 Ride of the Month!

• bmwhd1’s black 70 vert
  • GavinS’s '68 XR7-G
  • SuperCJcat 1969 428SCJ Drag Pac Eliminator

0 voters

Ladies and Gentlemen, Start Your Engines! Time to get those Cougars out on the road.

We have some great choices this month. Which one would you like to take for a spin?

bmwhd1’s black 70 vert

GavinS’s '68 XR7-G

SuperCJcat 1969 428SCJ Drag Pac Eliminator

WOW! Nothing like a convertible in the spring time!

Apparently! Sharp car, for certain.

Very sharp.

Mmmmmmm. Me like that black cat.

Humbled. Tks all.

Well … Looks like we have a clear winner.

Like in soccer, second place can celebrate the tie.

Congratulations BMWHD1. Great choices for sure. I wonder why the vote totals were so low this month?
Steven

The topic about how many votes are cast has been a issue for quite sometime now. After discussing this with Bill B. I realized there is not much that can be done. He had tried in the past to change this from “the regulars” voting on the wallet of others.

Now before you all get your hackles up, let me explain.

I fully enjoy seeing the awesome restored (and a few original ) Cats, but I felt there was an issue with the ROTM. The majority of owners don’t necessarily have a trunk full of cash to throw at their Cat. I had suggested a different approach to the nominated Cats.

What about all those hard working people that would like to have their loved Cat recognized? They did not have a chance, because they could not (nor wanted) to compete with the large garages that some have and others dream about. These Cats are the standard 289 Cougar’s with one option! Not some fully loaded XR-7GTE Eliminator Convertible that was the only one to escape the back doors at Ford!

These are the people who drive their Cats almost everyday, hundreds if not thousands of miles. These are the alley cats, back yard feral ones the owners love almost more than anything else!

So, I had tried to figure a way when talking with Bill. He stated he had tried.

So, I ask all you who share the same feelings to try and come up with a way to change this & recognize all the other “Cats” out there that really deserve to be recognized!

After all it’s about the Cars!!!

Not much you can do about the voting I would think, thats in the hands of the members voting.And just like a regular car show, sometimes its hard to compete with the trailer queens and rides with thousands of dollars in paint, chrome, and eye candy. But I would like to see more nominations, and yes those daily drivers too. (nudge :poke: ) It would help me if they brought back the gallery feature, I can’t know or remember everyones cat so when its nominating time i’m like well who else is out there. :smoke:

Check out this thread… https://cccforum.discoursehosting.net/t/introducing-the-project-of-the-month/2014/1

I want to do what ever the community wants, but the amount of time I have personally is limited. I realize that this is true for everybody, but if you do have time maybe this would be a good area to take on.

Wasn’t trying to load you up with more work and i forgot about the project thread. Don’t think we need a POTM as Neals phat cat won April and he’s been documenting his work on that. I guess the responsibility lies on us the community, if people don’t post pic’s of their cats in threads like “have you driven you cat today” or similar then some of us with crs syndrome won’t be able to nominate. :smoke:

It’s a question of letting people know about your car. Jody’s CopyCatVert is a true daily driver and former ROTM. But people know it, they know the effort and ingenuity that has gone into it, and they appreciate it for all of that.

In the past, I’ve scanned the “Show us your Cougar” area for cars that should be recognized. if they aren’t there and I don’t see them regularly, I don’t know about them enough to nominate them. So the best solution is to show us your Cougar and tell its story.