Tell me why?

Maybe no paint job yet, Mike, BUT: what a ride!

Tell me why?

No.

This reminds me of a similar poll I wanted to create but can’t because I access the forum using Tapatalk.

My question was, which do you enjoy the most?

1. driving your Cougar
  2. working on your Cougar
  3. looking at your Cougar or photos of it

And then for split decisions,

1. tied, both 1+2
  2. tied, both 2+3
  3. tied, both 1+3
  4. three way tie

Personally I think I’m at #7 at this point.

Hmmm…I’d have to be a #4…I’ve enjoyed the “working” on it, but I LOVE firing it up and DRIVING, now!

#4…tied for 1 and 2

#5…tied for 2 and 3 since the car is a shell and I can’t drive it right now. John

#5 only because I can’t drive any of them yet.

I would say my reason is number 3 first and foremost. My father built a Lincoln Mercury dealership and my Grandfather bought his 1967 standard (my first car) there. My second car was a 68 standard. Between my five older brothers and myself our first car was our grandfathers 67. It was handed down to each of us as our first car. By the time I got my license an started driving it was in rough shape. The memories are beautiful to this day. I spoke with my brother today (630 miles away) and some part of our conversation always includes Cougar talk.

Why? That’s why #3 is for me. :smiley:
Steven

Oh! My kids think the Cougar is cool. :thumbup:

I picked 3 Sentimental reasons because my father was the original owner. He special ordered it brand new. It’s not an XR7 as he hated the fake wood grain dash and its not a big block car because he fell in love with Ford small blocks in previous cars he owned. I almost picked 2 Just like them. 67-68 Cougars are one of if not the best looking cars of all time IMO though I would take any 67-73 Cougar in a heartbeat.

Bill

Started with just like them. then turned into self gratification. then sentimental. and soon trophies!

number two its just one bad ass car and it turns heads whenever you drive by its just so much fun to drive and own :slight_smile:

Can I chose 2 and 3? I love them! They are unique, they sound great, they feel great. I love the way I feel when I’m behind the wheel. My cougar belonged to my Dad before it was mine. It was the car I got my first drivers license in. I got by best friend arrested in it. It was the first car I ever dented. Now it is mine and I love her like a family member :slight_smile:

I’ll go with 1-3 and ESPECIALLY 4 (LOL).

I voted #2, but #3 is in there too, as I chased R Code since before I could drive, and I’ve owned it for nearly 26 years. The '66 Mustang was my wife’s 1st car: she’s owned that for 25 years. The '67 is just plain fun, and lets us enjoy the old cars as a family without the stress of driving a show car around…maybe chalk that one up to #1. I guess it all boils down to #2 though…after all, if they were '77 Granadas (or some such) they would have been crushed long ago.

Definitely #3 … this was my actual '69 Cougar and now is mine again. Feels good to drive her again, and to show her off!! But for some reason I don’t feel 25 again!!

[quote="1969eliminator…Feels good to drive her again, and to show her off!! But for some reason I don’t feel 25 again!![/quote]

I heard that Harry! …but now we have wisdom & experience as a consolation prize. :neutral_face:

Wow! Nice Cat Harry! nice layout on the site too.

The Cougar wasn’t my first car; I had some cool cars before my first Cougar (65 Tempest convertible, 65 Mustang convertible, 68 Torino GT, 67 Austin-Healey Sprite, 65 Impala SS…you get the idea). I got the Cougar when I was 22 and just getting out of the Navy. I couldn’t have been less enthusiastic when I first saw it since I’d asked my brother to find me a Triumph or MGB for when I got home. But it turned out to be the car I had the most fun in and the one I should never have let go. So it’s #3 for me. I’ve earned my share of trophies and recognition for the cars I’ve had over the last 15 years. Now it’s just about enjoying them and Cougars seem to still be the ones to do that with.

I like the 69 cougars because of the design elements, even after 50 years the design is still sleek.