Sniper EFI observations

So without adding a separate distribution block like what you did, (which looks very nice btw) I should take say a 30A relay, hook the 12v power to my “solenoid +”, the switched power to the “I” post on the solenoid, the output go to the throttle body and then ground the relay?

The amount of relays previously put in this car makes me want to rewire the whole thing just to clean it up and get rid of stuff that isnt being used :sweat_smile:

After reading through the entire thread I have a few questions and some input of my own.
I installed the Sniper Stealth on my 67 about a year ago. I sprung for the Aeromotive Stealth tank with in tank pump. Not the least expensive route by any means but great American made quality and outstanding customer service. Not to mention you do not hear the fuel pump running. :slightly_smiling_face:
Originally utilized a Mallory Unilite and MSD 6A ignition box. Currently assembling a 347 and purchased the HyperSpark because I want to be able to control timing from the hand held. If I’m not mistaken it sounds like the consensus is that the HyperSpark and the MSD don’t play well together? Even though it comes with a harness adapter for the MSD?
One other thing, the 347 will have a Comp hydraulic roller. I asked Comp about the distributor gear and they said that the cast gear is correct. Maybe I should call them back and confirm. :thinking:

Thoughts?

Sorry for the long post…

Thanks, Brian

Here are a few pics of my fuel line install FWIW

Have a filter right out of the tank. Ran the fuel lines down the passenger side and then used bulkhead fittings to get back into the engine compartment. A few short lines to the regulator and then on to the Sniper.

My 408 has a retrofitted roller setup and reauired a steel gear, my opinion is swapping in a steel gear is not a problem. (Im also not an engine builder or very experienced)

If going hyperspark like me I would do the whole system just because each part was designed to work with each other.

Thanks for the reply.

I am still considering buying the HyperSpark box and coil.

Lord knows I have already spent a ton on this deal.

What’s another $300? :mrgreen:

408cat If you already have an MSD box/coil (or other CD ignition) I don’t know if I would spend the money on the HyperSpark stuff. I stayed with my MSD 6A and Blaster coil and have had no issues for nearly 700 miles now. I see too many people on the FB pages complaining about RFI. My opinion is that a lot of that comes from the HyperSpark ignition and coil. Just my .02

Brian

408cat If you already have an MSD box/coil (or other CD ignition) I don’t know if I would spend the money on the HyperSpark stuff. I stayed with my MSD 6A and Blaster coil and have had no issues for nearly 700 miles now. I see too many people on the FB pages complaining about RFI. My opinion is that a lot of that comes from the HyperSpark ignition and coil. Just my .02

Brian

I have thousands of trouble free miles on my Sniper/Hyperspark setup. I even have the coil mounted on the intake manifold less than an inch from the ECU. According to that FB group my car shouldn’t even run. I also recently helped my friend install a Sniper/Hyperspark combo on a SBC and it has been running great as well. Take the complaints with a grain of salt, I’m on there frequently and most people don’t address basic things before install like ensuing their engine is grounded properly.