Saw My 1st G......

…In The Wild. OK. I teased about this in this thread: https://cccforum.discoursehosting.net/t/lights-not-working/1523/1 Now, drool a little over the pics, go to the other thread and help me out, then I will tell the ‘story’ in a few days soon as I get a chance. LOL!!!

Cool pictures. What color is it? Looks black/dark grey

Is it just me, or in this past week around here it has been G central

triple black… clicking on any of the pics will allow you to look at larger ones on photobucket…

Thanks for posting those Chuck - that is a very cool G.

I am the President of the Delmarva Cougar Club (Delaware, Maryland and Virginia) - by the plates it looks like that G is located in North Carolina?

Looks like it has an old CCOA decal in the quarter window, is it already in the registry?

Very cool! I’ve never seen a G in person, one day I hope that will change. I like the color combo of triple black and it’s options of A/C and what appears to be 6.5 Litre fender badges. I can’t wait to hear the rest of the story behind this car.
Steven

Nice, but i’m more interested in the new project cat :smoke:

Very cool! I’ve never seen a G in person, one day I hope that will change. I like the color combo of triple black and it’s options of A/C and what appears to be 6.5 Litre fender badges. I can’t wait to hear the rest of the story behind this car.

Actually a short story. I was headed home Saturday when my wife text me this pic:
No text, no word. Just the picture. I recognized the building as her cousin’s little cafe that she works at so I text back asking if it was still there & that I could be there in 10 minutes if the owner would wait on me. She had no clue that it was anything but a cougar… She called me and said yes to both questions. The owner is local (Asheboro, NC), has the same 1st name as me, was nice but not overly forthcoming (said OK to my taking pics, but didn’t offer to open the hood etc), so I felt a little uncomfortable asking too much this time. He is a regular at the cafe, and seemed more than a little embarrassed at how dirty it was, so I figured I hopefully have time to develop a relationship. He did tell me of previously owning a GTE and a '70 Eliminator. He also has three picked over bodies that he saved from being crushed, but I do not even know year, etc. He was proud of his original exhaust tips telling me he had them cut off and rewelded when he got a new exhaust system. Also said it had been repainted a few years ago. He mentioned being on a site years ago when he 1st got a computer on the internet that had a lot of members, pictures and so forth, so I assumed he was talking about MCnet… Said he got his cougar stuff from out of Michigan…He also stated that he got 3rd place at ‘nationals’ at Carlisle some time ago… Yes, that is a CCOA sticker and yes, it does have 6.5 badging…I did get to hear it start up and watched/listened to him drive off, drooling all the time… I went straight home and started working on the '71 with renewed enthusiasm… Sorry I don’t have anymore info to provide at this time, but I am guessing it is in the registry and that someone with the info/records can figure it out by this info. If not I will continue to build a relationship with this gentleman and try and get all the info I can.

Thanks CR… Most of the story of it can be found here: Opinions requested on a '71!! - Classic Cougar Community Discussion - Classic Cougar Community Forum and here: No Longer Coming Soon - Classic Cougar Community Discussion - Classic Cougar Community Forum (+ a little ‘side’ humor)
I recently moved from Galax, Va to Asheboro, NC. Got the engine back together and it’s maiden voyage was the 114 mile trip between these two towns. I have a humorous (now) story to tell about that trip and will try to post it with updates between now and the two previous threads(lets just say for now the trip was about 34 miles too far…) in a few days when I get a chance. NOW AS FOR MY LIGHT SITUATION…LOL: I have read where the turn signal switch can affect brake lights and turn signals. Can it cause problems with park lights, etc. also or do I need to be looking elsewhere? I have no lights except headlights… Surely someone can point me in the right direction to look for when I get to work on it again in a couple of days? PLEASE?!? LOL!!!

Very cool. Thanks for posting the follow up.
Steven

Thanks for posting the links Chuck I had forgotten that, yea I know it was soooooo long agao :laughing: Hadnt remembered or seen that you moved, Galax is actualy one of the member locations I know where it is as I pass the exit sign off 77 when I drive up north. Can’t help you with the lights except to mention the obvious, fuses. I have some cluster work I need to do myself and it isnt helping that Don keeps sending me discount coupons in my email :laughing: but with the latest Isaac miss I remembered I don’t want the vert in pieces during hurricane season cause i’m in no way shape or form in the same class as Bob (ECI) :smoke:

Triple black sunroof big block G…extremely appealing!

Black being one of the rarest colors for the 68 cougar, is certainly an outstanding looking color on this cat. I’m certain it looks amazing all shined up with the various accenting wood grain trim and chrome pieces.