Ride of the Month

Just saying… my 17 year old son’s first car, a 1968 1/2 ‘R’ Code Cougar, that just made it’s way from, Ohio to Montana, 4 weeks ago, may make a great candidate for ‘Car Of The Month’! :smiley:

Photo evidence please…lol

Indeed! Let’s bring the Rides of the Month back. :beerchug:

Lol… Mr. Bluestuff… the evidence, sir…

Okay. Let’s do it! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Yay!!! That is VERY exciting… I’ll tell my son, Dewey when he gets up! He’ll be stoked! THANK YOU!!!

It would be nice to see this car as a candidate for ROTM. I have tried to drum up some interest in bringing the ROTM back. Ultimately, xr7g428 is in charge and will make that decision. Hope for the best! :dance:

Is this the 1st time someone nominated their own car for ROTM?

No, I’ve seen it done before a while back.

I would like to see it started back up and would nominate that car - nice example of a 68.
Suggestion - the car or cars that do not win in a given month could go right back into the mix the following month? Just a thought to keep multiple entries in the mix

As a newby to this kind of thing, I hope I haven’t broken some kind of sacred code by nominating my sons car! Lol… we’re just really excited to share this piece of automotive history and are both, extremely thankful to have found the CCC!

Don’t mind me, until I resign from the NRCC (Non-Running Cougar Club), about all I can do around here is break balls. :slight_smile:

What i am not hearing is any one that wants to volunteer to actually do this… LOL!

I takes me about 8 hours to do a ROTM. It also requires quite a bit of effort from the winner. Winners are sometimes astonished by the need to provide pictures and enough information to build the back story. Of course this assumes that it would be done the way it has been in the past.

I have been thinking about putting the effort into something new. Covid has produced a lot of virtual events. So in that vein I was thinking about how anyone could create their own ride of the month feature. Basically Jay and I would create a template that would create a virtual ROTM for any car you wanted to share. There would be interview questions just like I use now, and then places for you to insert pics and of course your own story. By creating the template it would make it a lot easier to show off your car, and it would give you something to link to when you want to share pics and so on about your car.

Wow! That sounds like a great idea! Actually, either one sounds good… leaving it up to the winner to tell his/her story and any knowledge or, stories they’d wish to share… along with pictures would be fun as well…

I like the idea as well. Maybe a hybrid of the two. Set up the virtual template so those who are nominated can fill in the details. Post those on the poll and then the winner gets a second template for the backstory feature. I think it would save you some time and effort.

On the road and under it’s own power! The 68 1/2 R Code rides again! My son is stoked, taking his first drive in it today! Still a couple bugs to work out but, all and all… great day for my son and I…

That is awesome!

• Phillip