rearend leaf spring installation

Ready to install new leaf springs and rebuilt rearend in 69 XR7. Car is blocked up a little over two feet. Would I be able to install the leafs/rear end pre-assembled? Not sure about clearance.

Here’s how I did it on my '68 https://cccforum.discoursehosting.net/t/1969-1970-cougar-parts-for-sale/113/1 Scroll about halfway down that page.

It worked fine just on jackstands in the garage.

I bolt the rear and leaf springs together but leave the nuts loose on the U-bolts. Bolt the forward end of each spring to the frame again leaving the nuts loose. Finally use a floor jack to raise the assembly so the rear shackles can be installed. Then tighten everything.

Thank you guys on the info. I read several posts on the procedure and watched some videos but every car was on a lift.

I’d tighten the front and rear bolts “gutentight” and then drive the car 1-3 miles to allow the suspension to settle. Then tighten the bolts to spec.
Sorry, Royce…

Midlife, car is in assembly mode, blocked up, painted entirely and bare and clean. I want to get the rear end, and fuel and brake lines installed first. Then front suspension. Then to the interior firewall. It will be at least a year before the driving dream begins.