Real Leatheer XR7 Seat Covers

Does anyone know if there is a vendor that has a “real leather” XR7 seat covers? I would like to stay with leather if possible. Any ifo is greatly appreciated.

https://www.johnsclassiccougars.com/searchresults.asp?cat=45

I could not find any. My solution was to buy the vinyl upholstery and two hides of leather and took it all to a local upholstery guy. He used the vinyl as patterns. It turned out great. Cost about $600 over the vinyl set but far less than what the vendors charge for all leather.

Just curious - did you go all-leather or just the seating surfaces like original? And did you replace the two small patches of leather on the rear seat back too? The original leather sure didn’t age to remain the same color as the vinyl. I have about decided to just go all vinyl, but kinda like your idea for front seats.

What Royce did is your only option currently. I worked with Distinctive for years and finally gave up, their colors were awful and the texture not even close. One of our customers had good results with this company. You would need to send a repro vinyl kit and your originals for samples.

https://autocustomleathers.com

Johns people retired. For a time he could coax them out of retirement for special projects but no more…

Thanks Don! I had an older leather set from John that the PO sold me with the car. The texture and quality was very nice, but the padded sections were too close together and color enough different from original that I would have had to redo the rear seat too. Rear seat was still very nice original, and I just couldn’t tear it apart. So I sold John’s leather set and am awaiting your vinyl set for front. But I just might try doing leather seating surfaces on those.

Yes I did it exactly as original. Got lucky and found the pebble grain and smooth grain leather on eBay really cheap.

Just ordered complete dark blue leather set from John at JCC.
I had been in touch with him and Dee for a while because all they had was the fronts.
He searched and found the exact matching rear material for me and they are being made at the moment.
Really happy as it will be another ‘as original’part for my restoration.
Let you know the results when they arrive.

I ordered a sample leather swatch from SMS auto fabrics. It hasn’t arrived yet but if and when it does, I will post pictures of it compared to the OEM leather seats I have to compare the texture. Has anyone else dealt with SMS and had a positive experience?