Question on 69 Eliminator Value

Question on a 69 cougar eliminator value?
It’s a 390 auto car
White on white. Factory AC
Solid number 2 car.
We have owned it for the past 27 years over which time mostly all chrome has been refinshed, engines been refreshed etc.
Needs nothing, paint and interior are excellent.
Have the full Marti report as well as the original window sticker and build sheet.

What’s going rate on a big block Eliminator?
Mudflaps in pics are clipped on! No holes

This thread will give you a great deal of knowledge about what is out there. You can see how things stack up and decide what you think will work for you.

https://cccforum.discoursehosting.net/t/eliminators-on-the-market-february-2022/15357/4

Yes been watching it.

I’d say it is worth more then I can afford. But if I could the only thing I see that I would change is the Aluminum radiator. It just looks out of place on such a other wise nice Cougar Eliminator. But that is not offered as criticism, just my preference. It must be hard to let it go after so many years, I hope you get decent money from the next care taker.

I actually second the radiator comment… though I’m from FL and understand the need for good cooling.

I would say $45k. Great car for Bring a Trailer…

Great looking car! I’ll agree with the comments about the radiator. It looks out of place.

Being a 390 / auto, if you want a factory correct radiator I believe you are going to want the C8ZE-S radiator (you can verify the factory radiator using the codes on your build sheet). They can be pricey and somewhat difficult to find. Figure about $1k to $1500, to buy one and get it recored (go 4 row for additional cooling over the factory 3 row). OR, you could just get a “correct appearing” replacement for about $600 from WCCC. It will be black and have a correct appearance, and should still cool adequately.

Hmm… “going rate”…

In 2018 a “nice driver” yellow / black / 390 / Auto sold via dealer for about $32k.
In 2019 a very nice driver orange / black / 390 / auto sold via dealer for about $60k (they picked it up at auction 1 month prior for $40k hammer price).
In 2020 a very nice driver blue metallic / blue / 390 / 4spd sold for about $43k.

Eliminator prices right now seem very hot though. While the '69’s lag the '70s a bit, IMO, $45k is too low for your car with that drivetrain and color combination. At $45k you should find a buyer very quickly ~ probably within a week or so with just modest advertising.
Above $60k you start competing with CJ’s and Boss cars.
So… realistically… Probably somewhere around $50-55k should find you a buyer if you’re willing to negotiate a bit.

If you are just trying to put a value on it for insurance purposes, I would put it at $65k replacement value.

You mentioned that you have a Marti, window sticker and build sheet. Would you mind sharing some pictures of those with us? I’d love to see them!

What a great car. Thank god I don’t have any money.

Mike B SVT thank you for the info.
Agree 45k is a little on the light side. lol

Everyone here has presented some great thoughts on your very nice 69 Eliminator. Easier to start on the higher side and come down, then starting low and trying to get more! Good luck with whatever decision you choose.

Put it on BaT and you will surprise yourself. $50k plus.

Agree. Look on eBay, the 3 core ACP radiators there are brass and around $400 delivered. Very correct looking and work well.

To maximize the retail value I would change out a few minor items in addition to the radiator. The door speaker covers, painted fasteners on fenders, floor mats and wheel trim rings. If you jack up your car and snap the trim rings on a bare rim, put the car in drive, you can recreate the look of a $600 set of of correct trim rings for $10 in 100 grit sand paper. That is how we turn 67 trim rings into brushed 68-69 rings.

https://secure.cougarpartscatalog.com/17482/31586/wheel-trim-ring-stainless-brushed-finish-each-repro-1967-1970-mercury-cougar-/-1967-1970-ford-mustang.html?sessionthemeid=26