Pictures & Marti Report for 67 Cougar GT

I went on the forum last week to find out the best way to value and sell a 67 GT. It was suggested that I get a Marti report and post some pictures. I have posted the Marti report and 2 pictures here. I have many more pictures, but that is all the site would allow me to upload. Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated!
Marti Report 7F91S584405_dlxrpt.pdf (279 KB)
DSCN7358.JPG
DSCN7346.JPG

You should be able to post more than 2 pictures. Here is a topic on how to post pictures to this site: https://cccforum.discoursehosting.net/t/howto-post-images-in-the-forum/86/1

The more pictures you have and the better your description is of your Cougar is the best way to sell it. Questions that you might want to answer in your topic will help also. Here are a few.

1. Any rust issues?
  2. Cowl leaks?
  3. Body repairs or filler?
  4. Modifications
    Pictures up close from multiple angles help. Pictures from the underside of the car showing floor boards, door bottoms, torque boxes, steering components, suspension, brakes and exhaust.
    I hope this helps you. Good luck with your sale.
    Steven

It looks like it is missing 100% of the rare detail engine parts which really affects value, I can see it had some low end rust repairs on the aprons. Missing the $1000 SS wheels and expensive wheel lip mouldings.

Is that the original paint on the car? It appears awfully new so I would guess not, but If so, that’s a sure-fire lead in for your ad. As Don said, there are many many items in the engine bay to get correct…but it might just be a fruitless effort in order to gain $ to sell. If you’re selling as a fun turn-key car, that’s one thing. But if you have the recourses, yes it’d be good to get the right intake, air cleaner, paint shock tower braces, water pump, get the belts and Hoses with stamps, correct coil, plug wires, fan shroud, battery, carb…you know, minor things like that (yes ouch!$)

And it appears originally the car had hubcaps (I’m frankly not sure what “wheel covers” means on the GT for this case) but you’d be better off with SS wheels from WCCC than to chase down nice original hub caps.

I think what you have here is a decision to go one of two ways, basically-

1. Go with it as is and sell quick for about 8-14K

Or

1. Invest about 3-4K and about a year’s time, add body work and interior bits if needed, wheel lip mouldings, etc, get it all up to original snuff and you’ve got a 20k car.

I’m totally generalizing here and using very round numbers, but that’s the “feel” of the situation to me. It’s a petty cool car and color combo and a BENCH seat! Interesting…good luck!

Wheel covers cover the full wheel. Hub caps just cover the hub area and are commonly referred to as “dog dish” hub caps.

I’ll take “Usually Useless Bits of Information Floating in My Head” for $1000, Alex…(emphasis on the ‘usually’…)… :poke:

I have many of those useless bits of information related to cars but I can’t remember the name of the movie I went to on Sunday.

I feel lucky if I wake up in the morning and remember my name.

Did I miss something? Where is this car located?

Good point, Jeff! Smartass :wink: