photo of the month

Hey guys. So this is something I’ve seen on other forums and I like the idea so I thought I’d share it and see what you think. Basically it’s a monthly photo contest. I think it’s a really good way to keep people interested. usually there is a theme for each month and you submit a picture based on that theme. another benefit is that you could win photo of the month without having a restored cat, just need to take a good picture that matches the theme.
Also you could continuously enter instead of only winning once like rotm. Just an idea, l what do you think?

This sounds great to me, but are you willing to manage it? I can set up the forum space for it, but I don’t have the time to manage another poll.

I love the sound of this! Dive in head first and swim with it Caleb!

I like the sound of this as well. If you dive in make sure you’re not in the shallow end. :laughing:
Steven

Unless there’s someone more qualified I wouldn’t mind trying to manage it. I honestly don’t have any idea what’s involved with running a poll like that or how it works. Also an issue I’d be happy to hear input on is what happens if 100 pictures got posted up? would it be up to the administrator to narrow it down to 10 to vote on? or would you put all 100 up and whoever got 2 votes on the poll wins?

What are the parameters, does it have to be cougar related, does the submitter have to have actually taken the pic? :smoke:

I would think that most of the time it should be of your own ride or at least with consent. if your buddy takes a picture of your car and you get it off him I see no issue with that, but if I took a picture of someone else on the forums car at a show and used it as my submission then they might not be able to submit the same picture of their own car.

also I would think that as a standard it should be cougar related, however the joys of having a monthly theme means you could have February when most cars are tucked away as an anything but your cougar picture, or could do previous cars you’ve owned one month, or vintage picture theme one month. I think if this happens we will need to have a thread just of suggestions for monthly themes

That February picture might look something like this! Not exactly exciting. :think:

Haha. I agree. Like I said, I’m totally open to ideas and input.

I’ll volunteer pics for February. :mrgreen:

Here’s a few

The R code’s

I need a garage!

And here I thought I was the only one who had to wrench in the driveway. Well there’s proof that even a midwinter picture can be done

I try not to wrench in the driveway. That day, like almost every work day, I needed the space in the shop. Hate subjecting them to temperature fluctuation. No garage at home. So, the Mercs live at work for now. Unfortunately “for now” has been over 8 years.

Looks like a pretty awesome set up, even if it isnt ideal

Thanks Caleb. The shop would be plenty big if I didn’t store upwards of 10 Mercs in there along with an 18 ton P&H excavator. Someday I’ll have a place to put my stuff.