New Cat on the block

My wife has back problems…I just got me a 1970 cougar XR-7 and the factory seats lean back to much for her…I tried raising the back of the seat to make it sit more upright for her but no help and I was touching the headliner with my head…Has anybody found a newer seat from some other vehicle that I could put in it that might have a few more modern features like the ability to adjust completely upright like all the newer seats do ?..Ya’ll could save me a lot of time in the wrecking yards

There have been a lot of folks switching seats. Everything from BMW to custom. You should be able to find threads although sorry I am computer challenged and would not give good advice how to find. Someone will chime in though. Mercury Cougar.net would be a good source for info too just as it has been around longer.

Welcome to the Classic Cougar Community. I sent you a welcome email it contains a lot of information for the Cougar owner. If you do a search on this site or Mercury Cougar.net you should be able to find a seat combination that will work for your needs. I have seen many types used as stated above by OldWood even Porsche seats have been used. Jody has used Jaguar seats in his convertible conversion.

Here is a link to his CopyCatVert thread.

Jody’s CopyCatVert

I hope this helps.
Steven

One of the nicest I have personally seen was seats out of a later model Lincoln. I don’t now remember exactly what model it was though.

Don’t forget, SeanD used GTO front and rear seats!

Here are photos of Sean’s Cougar with the GTO seats.

I wonder who ended up buying Sean’s Cougar. That cat had a lot of custom touches.

Steven