Movin' On, But Not Gone

Distance is not the impediment that it used to be. With a little effort I bet you can still do lots of fun stuff with WCCC. In any event, life is an adventure and you are about to start the next chapter. Hope you take us along for the ride.

Good Luck Andrew, you’re doing the right thing even if it doesn’t feel 100% right. I’ve seen you make many good decisions since you started with your snowball. Enjoy the next chapter.

Here is a taste of the new guys skills, should we keep him?

https://salem.craigslist.org/cto/d/salem-1969-mercury-cougar-xr7/6938082378.html

a big change like this, on the first morning, will remind you of the first day of summer vacation as a kid!
that hits as if time slowed down a bit.
enjoy the feeling all over again and good luck

Good luck Andrew…done the moving thing several times - always brought everything from one place to the next, cars, parts etc…LOL…we look forward to your continued contributions to the cause…take care of family - they are first…

Since he’s making me want to buy that car even though I can’t afford it right now and don’t have room for it, I’d say yes.

Not nearly as handsome as Andrew…

It will be interesting to see you try and shoot your own videos.

The photos are great, the car is puuuuurfect…
i love the body and interior colors…

I think maybe he should have been an HVAC guy, or any other real job.

I don’t think he has the makings of a varsity athlete

Deep down I am still just a hulk hauler…

Obviously, Andrew taught you well. It never even occured to me that you were behind the camera!

Andrew, thanks for always being so helpful on the forum, and I don’t hold it against you that you never picked my car for the calendar! lol

Best of luck on the new job.

My college age son is actually pretty good with a camera, he is doing a wedding this weekend in fact. We still plan on sending lots of raw footage down to Andrew to edit because nobody has his style and sense of humor that so many have grown accustomed to. He can still do our email specials and other online things. What he will not be able to do is all the pictures for our site. Since day one Andrew has done nothing but make WCCC look good and in a classy down to earth kind of way he has shown that we are just a bunch of real car guys who make mistakes and sell some less than perfect parts. He immediately understood the vision I have always had for this company and ran with it. Spending our time and resources on free, high quality content to market our business and moving away from Hemmings / Yellow Pages / Catalogs and other avenues that have a 30 day shelf life was the best thing we could have ever done and Andrew was the best possible fit. How many other full on enthusiasts of the Mercury Cougar has his unique blend of talents AND would move to Oregon and work for WCCC? This was his first day on the job and his first video he did for us…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2x3kMTLeukg

It’s been a few years since I watched that Video. I think Brian got a few more gray hairs from the start to the finish of it. Andrew put together a lot of good videos for WCCC. And it is something he can edit from anyplace he wants to.

Andrew,

Sorry it’s taken me far too long to chime in! Been travelling and stuff…Anyhow…

You’ve been like another family member at times with us. It’s been so fun having you at our place, doing parties, countless photo shoots, video shoots, BBQs, WCCC picnics…

You’ve ridden in our truck all the way to Central California for a car show. Teasing and laughing with my own Daughter along the way, as if you were just another one of the “kids”. Good stuff.

You’ve crashed your drone into my tree. I mean, does it get more intimate than that?

We’ve hung out together in seedy hotels in Detroit, waiting for the next event in Dearborn. You were usually late in the mornings, lol…

You’ve had meals with us. You’ve had beers while I’m out of town, out in the shop, with no authorization… Just like a Son.

But I’ve always felt like you’re my younger Brother, Son… :wink: I’ll miss you a LOT but trust you’re not abandoning us, rather just moving to another land and finding the next chapter. I’ll regret that we’ve not gotten a Cougar (or even a BMW) together for a Bring A Trailer submission…Dammit!

So many good memories…And I hope many to come. You’ve literally “grown up” right before our eyes for the last 9 years here. I’ve enjoyed watching you flourish. But the future is a long time :slight_smile: All the best!!! Sniff…Sniff… B

Really going to miss you, Andrew. Enjoyed all your work for WCCC. I hope you’ll document your return trip home in the Cougar and present it here - that would be fun.
God bless you in all your future endeavors!

“We still plan on sending lots of raw footage down to Andrew to edit because nobody has his style and sense of humor that so many have grown accustomed to.” This is GREAT! We love the humor he always brought to the WCCC videos.

The best of luck to you on your new career path. The Cougar community has improved with your video/picture skills. Plus, who else could crash a drone at the Dearborn 50th in the middle of all the Cougars and not hit one Cougar.