Hood Scoop

Hey guys, been a while for me but I’m finally getting back to working on my car a little. I’m going to start tinkering around with the bodywork. So, I’m wanting to put the eliminator style hood scoop on it. Does anyone know of a quality scoop available? WCCC’s has what seems to be maybe a lower “Economy” scoop since the description says it’s prone to cracking. It seems like that same scoop is the only thing on the market. I would rather spend a little extra and get a higher quality scoop if there are any available. It doesn’t need to be oem either since the car is nothing special. Car is a 68 by the way. Thanks!

Which scoop are you looking at on WCCC? The GT-E or the XR7-G?

I bet you are talking about the “Hood Scoop - Eliminator / Cobra Jet - ECONOMY - Repro” for 69 and 70s. Be sure to read the reviews on it. Seems good from the reviews. Sure beats paying $500+ for the real deal.

Yes I am looking at the “economy” scoop. You do have a point with the reviews. I’ll probably end up going this route. Thanks for your reply.

Let’s us know how it turns out and post some pictures!

We picked one up for Esmerelda and love it.
You can see some of the installation here.
https://cccforum.discoursehosting.net/t/howto-add-video-to-your-posts/97/1

Looks good! I ordered one up yesterday. Luckily I have a hood to practice on, so I’ll start there.

Thanks.
Ah… a practice hood. How we would have loved that!
:slight_smile:

Good luck.

I put a 69/70 premium scoop on my 70. My body guy said he had to do a little work to make it perfect smooth, other than that it is a very nice piece.