Front drivers turn signal issue

My front left blinker is not working. 69 XR7. Everything is LED and everything has been tested and worked properly. All of these tests were all done before the steering wheel and dash pad were installed. Now, all of a sudden I have no front left blinker. Rear left blinker works but not sequentially. Front running lights work. When I turn the left blinker on the running light stays on up front and the blinker does not work. Also the indicator in the car is not working on the left side.

I have unplugged the front running light/blinker from the wire harness and I have no power on the green wire with the white stripe for the blinker. This is a brand new engine bay harness and like I said everything has checked out and worked in the last 30 days. I just noticed that the left indicator inside wasn’t flashing so I started looking for a problem and found it up front.

I tried the emergency flashers and they work in the back both sides although the drivers side is not sequential. Upfront the driver side does not flash at all. The indicator in the dash does not light up either. Basically the same issue as the turn signal.

I have the dash pad off now to deal with a clock issue, I plan to remove the steering wheel and look at the turn signal switch but I am unsure where to start chasing this issue. Any ideas?

Your answer is posted here but it never hurts to re-post for more clarity.

https://cccforum.discoursehosting.net/t/67-73-cougar-sequential-turn-signal-trouble-shooting-thread/2419/325

I used Cougar‘s unlimited’s troubleshooting thread when I initially installed all this stuff. I found that I had a bad turn signal switch with a rivet popped out and no current in the switch. I had another switch and tested it and it was good so I installed it and had everything working.

Looking at Cougar’s unlimited troubleshooting thread now The only item that I see that applies to my situation is “one or more lights not blinking”. That leads me back to the sequencing box in the trunk. But that is brand new and I don’t think it is the issue.

Vic will test them for free and is great about warranty claims

OK thanks, I just ordered me a new one hopefully it’ll be here on Wednesday because I need everything working for Friday.

I will check with Vic and see if I can send the suspect one in and have it checked out, maybe fixed.