From bench to buckets

Here are some pictures of my weekend project. I removed the bench seat and installed some Scat Procar Elite seats. I used the Scat adapters and the improved head room and leg room is excellent.

Man, that bench looks to be in GREAT shape! Could probably recoup some of your conversion costs with that!

With that said, I like the buckets better! What material is that covering them?

The bench is in excellent condition my car only has 47,000 original miles. The buckets are covered in velour.

I have to be honest and say the bench seats looks cooler, but can relate to more leg room while behind the wheel. Are you going to retrim the buckets to match the interior?

At almost 6’3" I needed more leg and head room the Bench was too cramped. I also have a Global West front end to install next and I wanted the extra hold of the buckets for the courners. I am planning on changing the rest of the interior to gray Scat sells a back seat cover that matches the front seats. I just have to verify that Mustang and Cougar rear seats are the same.

I hear you bud, I’m 6’6" and have developed a rather unique ‘knees around your ears’ driving style. Good luck with your interior :beerchug:

I have to say, that bench seat looked really cool, did you ever have 6 up in her, I’ve had 5 up and the middle passenger did nothing but whinge the whole time, there’s no cushion at all over the tunnel in the back seat.

Man that was a great looking bench seat. I can’t say I have leg room problems at 5’-9" so the bench would be my choice. The buckets sure like they will hold you in place with the front end mods you’ve got planned.
Steven

Well for me the bench seat rocks. No need to crawl in the back seat if you know what I mean.