Extreme Detailing

Next weekend I’m going to the Cars & Coffee event at the Amelia Island Concours. So I decided it was time to do a deep clean and detail on the cougar.

This is the result of 6 hours of washing, waxing and buffing…still have to polish the chrome.
D57C5DBF-4D65-4220-8CD3-A108C8BA8680.jpeg
DBB4FB96-8AF7-47FE-BAE7-9AC53BAB0EB5.jpeg
ED699FCA-E083-4F89-9A3B-BD38DAC4BEA5.jpeg

Love the wheels – it looks GREAT!

I like the grey

Nice looking 69! The blacked out grille looks nice with the grey. Good luck at Amelia Island… Bring it to Auburn IN for the 50th.

https://cccforum.discoursehosting.net/t/summer-of-69-classic-cougar-50th-anniversary-show/10103/4

Thanks for all the compliments! Auburn IN this summer might be doable!

Looks great!

Wow, what a head-turner, Enjoy the event, your car looks top-notch.

Wow it is really clean! The garage that is, I have never been able to keep mine that clean. Oh wait the car is too! Good luck with the show.

I just finished building the garage a few weeks ago. What you don’t see in the pic is all the crap I still have stacked up from the move. Give me a few months…

The Cougar looks amazing - thanks for “flying the flag” at Amelia Island.

The new garage looks nice. When you finish moving all of the stuff in don’t forget to put a bunch of posters and vintage signs up!

• Phillip

That is a nice looking cat. What’s the name of that color?

It’s a 2005 MB color 723 Cubanite Silver Metalic - I originally planned on the Eleanor color, but it had been done so many times, I wanted something different

I like everything I see. Especially the car and the color choice but also your door opener. I had never heard of the direct drive openers but I just spent about an hour researching them before I saw this picture.

Those openers are great, I put one in when we added on/renovated our last house. It’s a must when adding a lift is in the plans.

Nice car…

I put these garage door openers in both garages. Big improvement over the old chain drive openers. I have a lift planned for this summer and not having the track makes a huge difference.

There’s a web site called weshipgaragedoorparts where I got a two pack of the 8500W for a great price a few months ago. Nice to have the battery backup and WiFi.

Looks cool, if you’re into modified. Not attempting to take it down but, you did ask for opinions. I’m all into original look’s and this is far from that. Just my opinion, don’t crucify me, I’m just expressing an opinion, as asked. Best of luck.

rcode

I can appreciate the time it takes for that level
of detail! Nice work! Nice car, love the color and wheel
combo.

I’m in the market and was just thinking you don’t see many silver '69s - but here’s a beauty of one!! Now I have another color option if I find one that needs paint !!

rcode,

I’m curious - how is that far from original looks? The body has not been modified, wheels are an easy fix for those that don’t like it, so, it’s just a non-original paint color.