Calling all custom Cats! 67-68 Preferred but Callin all cars!

So my dad and i have a general direction we wanna go but we’re still trying to find little details. A lot of the cars we build we sit down and scour the internet for custom versions, pick different details we like and combine them into our style. They’re aren’t a lot of custom cougars out there, let alone enough to find nice pictures. So post up your car, your friend’s car, or just some random picture saved cause you thought it was cool!! :mrgreen:

Jack, you probably aren’t going to go as far as I did, but check out CatVert for custom touches…

Here is one of the coolest 68’s around. Local Hero’s.

I saw a custom car in Hot Rod magazine that had its “rain gutters” (or drip rail) cut off and wondered if this might be a custom touch for a Cougar. I suppose it wouldn’t work for a vinyl top car. Has anybody done this to a Cougar??

How about Wild Wes’s Wildcat 427 Cougar.
Steven

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mv0F04uo6Po

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Wta6KaqgKk

Oh I forgot…you can read and see pictures of my 1968 Top Cat here. Still a work in progress but it’s a custom after all. :smiley:

Steven

Thanks Zman! And Jack, if you want details, let me know. I have lots of pics.

If you want to see a Cougar with rain gutters removed, check this out, although I don’t recommend It if the car is going to be driven a lot . Delmarva Cougar Club

^^^ Carlton’s Custom Cougar!

That has a ring to it :smiley:
CrltnRstoRdFrnt.jpg

Ha!, that was a fun show. Thanks for the walk down memory lane. :slight_smile:

Here are some artist’s concepts of customized Cougars plucked from various places on the inter-webs. The '67 'vert/fastback rendering is by Steve Stanford.

MaxEffort2.jpg

Here is another cool computer rendering. It is by a company called “VizualTech” - not sure if they are around anymore but they used to have some cool Cougar stuff on their website.
1968-mercury-cougar-3d-rendering-by-vizualtech.jpg

Don’t forget about the G force cougar.

How about a photoshop Cougar fastback.

Here is one being made.
Steven

I’ve always liked the Torino fastback style like my avatar.

How about Stacey David’s V8 Interceptor.

Steven

What i find really funny, is that thats exactly what we were debating doing…a fastback cougar. Ive seen renderings but not a real one. Has anyone done it? If so, can someone post up a link or pictures how they did it? We were gonna use either a 69 mustang or torino roof.

I believe there have been a few attempts but I have never seen a completed project.

Jack - A fastback is quite an undertaking. You sound like you and your Dad have the skills. Care to share any pics of other things you guys built?

Can’t post from my phone but ill put some pics up tomorrow after school. For background, my dads a painter, bodyman, and metal fabricator for a street rod shop, among just knowing the ins and outs of classic cars. He’s really into anything from '23 to '73 whereas I love all cars…with a fee exceptions which includes civics,neons,geos, and anything fwd lol. But yeah, we have the skills, the shop and the enthusiasm. I look up to him, he’s damn stubborn and won’t drop an idea when he has one in his head. As for quick pictures, google all star dodge challenger funny car. He painted it and they actually made it into a full blown production hot-wheel. I think that’s kinda cool. Crap I’m rambling. Night, I need sleep.