Boss 302 @ Barrett Jackson Saturday

This is expected to come up Saturday - no reserve. Its from a collection in Dunstable, Mass. Thoughts on what it goes for?

https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/1969-MERCURY-COUGAR-ELIMINATOR-BOSS-302-259594

Lacking a fair number of parts and what some would consider its heart (the engine) of the car that was not even replaced with a later or service replacement, I would have no idea but these affairs/auctions can and often do surprise you in either direction.

Just hope the buyer, if it sells, doesn’t get hurt

I’m going to be there tomorrow(Friday) afternoon to browse. Is anybody else going?

I’ve never been to one. I am following the cougars in this show. I am curious about one.

It went up Thursday and the TV broadcast showed it selling for $20k + fees. Today (Friday) the BJ website shows it available. If you see it there could you please clarify? +20k seemed a bit light to me.

$20K sure does sound low! What a shame - to me, it lost 3/5 of its value when the original engine and top loader got ditched.

That guy is known as the Madman of Dunstable around here - in a friendly way. I’m two towns over.

Different car (I think) i was referencing this time. Its a teal 69 vert.:slightly_smiling_face: The former boss 302 goes Saturday

It is not Matt selling the car. He had traded it along with several other cars in his collection to a dealer in Auburn, MA. They are the ones that assigned it to Barrett Jackson. Lots of other disscussion here, https://cccforum.discoursehosting.net/t/eliminators-on-the-market-june-2022/15825/1

$30k?

Well, I just got home from Barrett Jackson. Most of the sold cars went for way less than I would assume. The blue convertible went for 20k and the green one for 15k but the boss cougar hadn’t sold yet. Here’s the pictures I took! I have more pictures if anybody wants them.

The sign says it sold for 20K

Thank you. :slightly_smiling_face: Website still shows it available…probably clerical.

Sold thirty six thousand,3hundred dollars.

That would be a $33,000 hammer plus the 10% buyers premium.

Lot 688 the GTE (rebody) hammered at $70,000 plus the10% buyers premium so $77,000.

I didn’t see the rebodied cougar! I must have missed that aisle when I went for a 7 dollar beer!