barn find

1969 XR7 vert, 428 CJ Ram Air, close ratio 4 speed, 3.50 rear end-open, 54,303 documented miles, all original, never modified or molested, in storage since 1979. Soon to see daylight.

Pics or it didn’t happen!

Welcome mullet to CCC and ya, it would be good to see some evidence to what sounds like quite a catch!

Here are the pics!

OHHHhh!! that one. That is a very good catch. Congrats!!

Oh that one! So is the new owner introducing himself here?

I want the whole story! Cough it up with pictures please.

That’s a cool looking car. Very nice find.

If you don’t mind me asking (and I am sure everyone else is wondering)…how much did it cost to make off with this car?

I understand the curiosity but this car may not be a permanent resident of my garage. I have owned Cougars since 1974. The first was a '72 XR-7 vert which I still have plus 3 others. It took a large duffel bag. The owner knew it was very rare. The car is one of 31 with this engine and tranny. It may be one of 1 with these color codes. No rust. Swing away with AM/8 track. Top is in great condition. Everything is there. Water pump and heater hoses appear to be all that has been changed. What would y’all value it at? I am curious to get some opinions.

With a super duper detail, repro bias plys, every nut bolt and clip made 100% date matching (not hard to do on this car), tuned to perfection, documented up the wazoo, Saturday slot at Jan BJ and all things going your way $125k.
It has twice as much going for it than both of these cars which sold for about $80k each when you factor the trade on the aqua 69 and the commission the buyer paid on the red one. The way it sits you know it has to be worth at least what I offered you and probably a substantial amount more. Anytime you get a solid cash offer from a dealer you know what rock bottom wholesale is!