Another Wha's this

Hopefully the attachment works. Anyone know what these are and where they go? I found them in my box of misc Cougar parts when I was looking for something. They definitely have car dirt and grime on them, but I have no idea where they go.
Thanks all.

No attachment…

It is not letting me attach a picture. I can’t use Photobucket anymore.
Oh well.

What does it say when you try to attach a picture. We can’t fix it if we don’t know what is happening.

Photo bucket has gone rouge, tons of ads and now basically insisting you pay to store your photos😝

Posting image test:

Posting a image seems to work fine for me Bill.
Steven

When I post photos, I have always uploaded them from my computer. As an illustrator, I have always been wary about controlling my work and I don’t like my stuff sitting on hosting services.

Yes, a false sense of security, I know…

The mistake most people make is trying to post a full size, 300 plus dpi image on a forum. Most forums won’t accept large images.

I open pictures I plan to post in Photoshop and re-size them, making them proportionally smaller.

I have updated the How To thread; https://cccforum.discoursehosting.net/t/howto-post-images-in-the-forum/86/1

I resize the pic and it keeps telling me it is too big. I have taken the picture to within the size parameters it says and it is still too big. I keep getting a yellow warning triangle in the status column. Don’t know what I am doing wrong.

Thank You thank you thank you! Can you email me the resized picture? Click on my user name up in the top corner of this post, and then click on the send email to xr7g428 link. I will post the picture and also what was going on with it. Remember folks this is just Bill and Jay trying to figure this stuff out so we need all the help we can get.

Bill, I did not see a “send email to xr7g428” link, but I did see a send private message link. I sent you the picture, I think. I also got the yellow warning triangle when I tried to send you the pic. I hope I am smarter than I look.

I ended up posting pics of them here on the other Cougar site…

http://www.mercurycougar.net/forums/showthread.php?117497-What-are-these

Did this work now? No idea what these are. Someone said they might be battery hold down clips.

They are. I have the very same pieces. It was for a battery hold down kit that included a frame that fit around the top edge of the battery, and these pieces fit in tabs that were on the sides of that frame. I don’t know if I still have that part or not, but if I do, I will take a picture and show you.

That would be great Dave. I would love to put an end to this mystery. So I am guessing that it was not a stock battery hold down.

It was not. As it turns out, I don’t have that frame piece anymore. Probably part of my stash of parts that has been stolen/gone missing over the years. :frowning:
I enclosed a picture from the MPC that shows how the battery tray and hold down was originally done.
battery tray0001.pdf (103 KB)