71' XR-7 w/ Marti Report (trying to determine a value)

Hey Fellow Cat Lovers,

I am asking for help to determine the value of my Dad’s 1 owner 71’ XR-7. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. The Marti Report is pictured, please let me know if there is any other crucial info needed to determine a value. This car will be for sale soon. We are located in Flemington, New Jersey area.

The most important thing would be pictures. The Marti is helpful, but it’s not pictured either.

Whatever someone is willing to pay.

Your Marti Report does not show up on your post here - at least not on my computer.

An approximate value would be determined by options and condition, so a Marti and some detailed photos would be needed for us to give some educated guess’s.

• Phillip

This is where JKurtz404040 posted the marti report,
https://cccforum.discoursehosting.net/t/trying-to-find-a-value-for-my-dads-1-owner-custom-ordered-71-xr-7/10593/1
It also has been discussed here,
https://cccforum.discoursehosting.net/t/register-my-cougar-71-xr7-custom-ordered/10592/7

Did you try posting pictures and have it fail? Sometimes the forum will not let newer members post directly, but you should be able to put them in your gallery and post from there.

Ahh, ok, I remember the previous post.

That is an incredibly well optioned Cougar in a great color.

Looking forward to photos.

• Phillip

JKurtz404040,

I’m pretty close to you. I live just across the border in PA (Hellertown). I’m better versed in the '69-70s, but would be happy to take a ride to Flemington and take a look at it. I can probably get you a good ballpark price - if nothing else have an objective opinion to give back to the group here for feedback.

Shoot me a pm if interested in that. I’ll also pass along to fellow club members to see if they have an interest.

Rick Puskas
member CCNJPA

Not that you would get this price and condition is the main thing but NADA states (I find them to be high BTW)

Original MSRP Low Retail Average Retail High Retail
Base Price
$3,629 $13,350 $29,000 $48,700
Options (Change)
351/285 HP 4v V8 Engine 20%
4 Speed Transmission 10%
Total Price $17,355 $37,700 $63,310