70 eliminator rear blackouts

Just want to start by saying merry Christmas . I was wondering if there’s any black out paint on the rear quarter extensions besides the black tape on the chrome piece thanks

As far as I know, there was no black paint on the rear extensions. There is black paint on the front fender extensions however.

Hi Dannyf - Merry Christmas !

Have a look at this thread : 1970 Eliminator Blackout Reference Info #1 Post by Mike_B_SVT » 21 Jun 2021, 23:56. It shows where most of the black-out treatment for the Eliminators was applied.

“The chrome reverse light bezels and trunk lid chrome trim piece on the 1970 Eliminator received blackout tape decals.
The quarter extensions may or may not have received some blackout paint along the inner edge.
*Notice in this example pic one extension cap has black paint while the other does not. It also appears to have been brushed on.”

Best of Luck.

Here’s the link to the thread that gah is talking about: https://cccforum.discoursehosting.net/t/1970-eliminator-blackout-reference-info/14462/1

Thanks everyone I see we have a 50/50 chance on the rear extension don’t ya just love the restoration process enjoy