68 XR7 Turn Switch issue

I have searched but haven’t found anything similar to my problem. I drove the car home last week and found out that when I tried to use the turn signals, both of them would come on. I researched and found that the cause could be a bad turn signal switch. So I ordered one from WCCC and it arrived on last Friday. I went out o attempt to install it yesterday, but noticed that it appears that the dash turn signal indicators lights were faintly lit up. I tried to start the car, but the battery was dead. So, I went and installed the new turn signal switch and it didn’t solve my turn signal issue (had no turn signals after the install) and the dash lights were still lit up. I had ordered the electronic sequencer at the same time so I installed it to see if would solve the problem. It resolved the dash light being on and I had turn signals working correctly. But now, the dash lights indicators do not work and the hazards do not work either and to top it off I have no brake lights. I didn’t have time to check the circuit last night, so I am hoping someone would be able to point me in the right direction.

Thanks,
Paul

I had similar issues with the brake and hazard light, its a bad turn signal switch

Here is the thread where we answer signal issues.

https://cccforum.discoursehosting.net/t/67-73-cougar-sequential-turn-signal-trouble-shooting-thread/2419/1

Don,
I went through that post, but couldn’t find out why the dash lights were lit up when the car was off.

Yes but to keep them all in one easy to find place please submit the question to that thread.