67 no hazard or turn signals

I have a 67 cougar no hazard or turn signals. I have completed a bulb test and fuses are good in fuse box and inline wire fuse. I have11.72 volts at hazard switch and when pushed voltage to white with green stripe wire. I had hazard and turn signals yesterday. Any suggestions?

Make sure the connector near the dashcoming from the steering column is connected securely.

Thank you, yes i checked it and I have power to the hazard switch and from it to the white wire with green stripe. I also hear a clicking in the trunk assembly of relays when I push hazards and activate turn signals. They were working the day before.

I would pursue here (link below) and post if you do not find the exact answer you need.

https://cccforum.discoursehosting.net/t/67-73-cougar-sequential-turn-signal-trouble-shooting-thread/2419/325

Thank you, but those posts do not address my specific problem. no hazard or turn signals. I have completed a bulb test and fuses are good in fuse box and inline wire fuse. I have11.72 volts at hazard switch and when pushed voltage to white with green stripe wire.

I suspect that you have a bad turn signal switch. If it was me I would search eBay for an NOS switch, the repros are not made well from my experience.

Here’s the best troubleshooting that I know of:

Check the emergency relay flasher in the trunk.

Check the emergency relay flasher in the trunk. If you have power to the relay it’s most likely the relay in the trunk.

You can download my pdf file here https://classiccougarcommunity.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/1967_Cougar_Sequential_Turn_Signal_System_Troubleshooting_Guide.pdf

11.72 volts is low for the relays especially the sequencer motor. Is your charging system up to snuff? When you test the sequentials, i always advise that you have the engine running.

Coach Jack

Thank you for replying. Yes I also checked it with the motor running, voltage 14.70, still no hazards or turn signals. I worked with you about a year ago doing a bypass using only the dash relay for turn signals, I sent pictures of wires and connections. Do you remember?