427 Wildcat

I am in Indianapolis today for the Hot Rod & Restoration Trade Show and, as I was walking through the show floor came upon this:

The interior is really well thought-out. The console has a pushbutton shift setup, but there are paddle shifters on the steering wheel. The console itself was custom-fabricated, although the armrest is from a Taurus.

The tail lights are also fully custom, but still retain the 3-section design and sequence as the originals. The license plate is illuminated as soon as the ignition is turned on.

There are no longer any headlight doors. The grille is a solid piece from fender to center section, but with no solid backs to hide the headlights. The headlights have halo lights around them.

The overall work on this car is exceptional and the black paint is beautiful. The owner is slowly starting to connect with the Cougar community, mostly through his Facebook page. He seemed like a nice guy, I told him about this forum, so we’ll see if he shows up here.

In the meantime, enjoy!

That is a sweet Custom Cougar, it does not get much better than that!!

I made my wife follow that build on Facebook. She doesn’t really get it, but I don’t have an account.

Very nice, must have been even better in person.

That car is just mean looking. :thumbup:

Love the front grille treatment, and the tail lights…creative!

Holy Crap ! His build and work looks completely bad ass. Twin turbos !! Would love to hear and see this running .
Hope this guy joins up here and lists all the details of the custom work done. Drop dead gorgeous Cougar. I want one !

WOW that is quite impressive. I really like the taillights.
Steven

I don’t think they are turbos, you don’t drive turbos with a belt, they are driven by exhaust.

Super Sexy, I wouldn’t turn one down. I particularly like the plenum routing for the superchargers, going into the fender space like that. I does not look like he bumped the firewall forward, but it feeds from behind in the middle there. Some creative plumbing behind the FW going on.

It really cleans up the engine bay to showcase that power plant!

That’s what they are , twin superchargers , not turbo.

I am confused on the plumbing now that you mention it, maybe we just cannot see enough. I assume (perhaps incorrectly) that the pipes going through the fender aprons are somehow feeding the pipe at the cowl that goes into the manifold? If that is right, where are the intake sides/plumbing of the superchargers? If the fender pipes are the intakes then same question on the SC outputs getting to the cowl?

Bill, did you scope all of this? If yes, can you clarify?

Some nice build indeed.

Those are Torquestorm superchargers. They are a huge sponsor of this car along with an arms-length of other aftermarket companies. I saw this thing in the Torquestorm booth at the Goodguys Nationals last July. It was still in the mock-up stage and it has a host of plumbing going on behind the dash. I have no idea how he can even fit gauges in there let alone heat or AC. I don’t think it has either of those.

Sorry, no, I didn’t. We came upon it unexpectedly as we were starting the Hot Rod part of the show after completing the Restyling and Truck Accessories show, so we didn’t have a lot of time to spend with it. However, the build is detailed on the Facebook page for those who have FB. Just do a search on 427 Wildcat and it will come right up.

I simply love this car and since having my car up for sale, I still have it and now, Im rethinking the selling part:)
I posted pictures of this on another thread, https://cccforum.discoursehosting.net/t/location-east-coast-nos-and-used-cougar-parts/67/1
Im surprised that no one has caught the fact that the roof line has been changed. It has been extended and raked bake and I think this is a really cool part of this build. There are some threads that have been put out there about a fast back build but doing it this way, I feel there is no need. It’s all done in good taste I feel.

I thought (maybe) something looked different back there, but it is all so shiny in black and such I thought I was imagining it. Bill, can you corroborate?

Edit: Nevermind! Exactly correct Dennis (and awesome!).

What a beauty. I particularly like the silver/gray side stripes with the red pinstriping - it really sets off the black paint.