1970 NOS XR7 Center grille

This is a NOS 1970 XR7 Center Grille. No Ford box avail. It is perfect for a concours restoration. Stored for over 15 years in a dry climate controlled inventory. Never installed. The front top has 1 minor blem - trying to be up front on all details and condition: along a top ridge (see photo) there appears to be a small 1/8" blem that was never corrected by the factory before plating. Looks like a file was dragged over the part, never smoothed, and then was plated without the repair. I would not hesitate to put this part on a concours restoration. The tiny blem does not draw eye attention to it once the part is installed. More photos available for real buyers. $1500 plus shipping. See my 100% feedback on eBay. rafcars@cox.net (Calif)
IMG_1230.png

IMG_1233.JPG

Wow - very nice part!! I would love to own it, but am still in sticker shock over the price. :open_mouth:
I have bought several parts car for less than that amount over the years.

Not trying to hold any one up. Actually, just trying to recover my investment in the part (paid more than that many years ago. Maybe you can find one for a lesser price. Good luck!

I paid $750 for mine from John’s Classic Cougars about 20 years ago. Just sayin.

I got an nos XR-7 a few years ago on feebay with a “buy it now” for I think it was $475. I don’t think it was up but maybe a minute before I found it and bought it. When are you going to find another 49 year old nos XR-7 grill. Mike on American pickers says the time to buy is when you see it!lol

I picked up a STD 70 grille that was NOS in the box. It was his last one and I think I scored it for 375.00 .This was I believe 4 or 5 years ago. I still got it in the box and wrapped in the cloth it came from the factory. Looking forward to installing it on my car when its time to re assemble it.

thanks
pat

Wow…that sure is pretty. Did someone recently post something about the foil back now being reproduced for the 70 center grill?

Not that I know of but I did see that John’s is selling the XR-7 grill foil back and man it looks dead on! Very Nice!

Thanks for the info. Maybe John will have some out at the Spring Columbus Ford Swap in a few weeks.

I don’t see any problem with the price, I see a problem with my not having a car worthy that part.
Good luck find it the proper home.

https://cccforum.discoursehosting.net/t/new-2019-product-sneek-peek/10063/1

Bill, thanks for posting the thread link. Thought I remembered that topic…and, had even posted to thread.:slight_smile:
Thanks