1968 xr7 with Sniper Fuel Injection / LOUD Fuel Pump

Leon, what’s a good mounting point back there?

Even if you put dynomat type stuff on the trunk floor and tank top?

I did that because i could hear my holley in oem tank pump more than I thought I should. Quieted it down nicely. Just have to make sure you have enough vent capability for the tank to offset the increased pressure pull of the electric pump. It originally put my tank in a vaccuum on an hour trip at 80 mph.

Several areas we want to improve on here.

Yes. The floor is dynamatted and there is dynamat under the bracket

Haven’t resolved the problem fully. Reduced the noise by changing from the Holley to a Bosch style cylindrical pump and filter and running the hoses in a way that is like what Bill suggested

It sounds like the quietest solution, at this point, is to go with the integrated tank with internal pump.

Don,
The clamps that hold the pump are holding it tight to the bracket making firm contact and increasing the transfer of noise. The use of Adel style clamps would allow the pump to float.
Is that a return going to the tank drain? Or suction for the pump?
My 68 Colony Park has MSD Atomic EFI which is similar to the Sniper. The pump is external and doesn’t make much noise. No more so than a modern pick-up truck, meaning you can hear it when you turn the key to On, but not when the engine is running. Initially I set it up as returnless. Being a few years ago, I don’t remember why, but I did add a regulator and a return line. I think it is better for the pump to circulate the fuel than allowing it to sit and get hot. Being you have two positions on your tank, it may be of benefit to add a regulator and return line. If not already used for your pressure line, the original fuel line would work great as the return. No high pressure hose needed on the return as it won’t build pressure.

I am going to go with a submersible pump. Yes, they routed the return into the drain hole. Not the best looking or safest but it does work…

If using the drop in submersible you can ditch that return line all together.

Another option for return lines if desired is using the corvette filter/regulator assembly. This setup keeps your return line from running all the way to the engine. Its internally regulated at 58psi which is the same as the sniper requirements.
https://www.tanksinc.com/index.cfm/page/ptype=product/product_id=425/category_id=172/mode=prod/prd425.htm

The beauty of these EFI setups is having several options to work with depending on what you have or your overall goals. Definitely more then one way to skin the cat here.

I have the 12-305 pump in my stock tank and it works great.
EFIsystempro.com great people to work with.

Jim

Agree, I have purchased a couple systems from those guys. Their support after the fact is pretty good too.